Thursday, June 23, 2011

Watermelon Mojitos



One of my daughters had a party last weekend and casually mentioned that she made a new drink that was a big hit. I didn’t even need a picture. Just hearing about it made me want one. I have blown many a diet that way.

The yummy drink is a watermelon mojito, although I feel a need to explain about my iPad and how it keeps changing words! I type “mojito”, it changes it to “monitor”.  I change it again, it changes it back. Three tries before I won! Then we (the iPad and I) had the same tiff over another word. Just know that if something I write doesn’t make sense or is misspelled, it most certainly could couldn’t be me.

I don’t know if you have heard, but it’s a bit hot here in Texas these days. Very hot. So when she described this refreshing drink with watermelon, mint and lime, I was ready. And rum! It’s in there too, but it doesn’t have to be if you don’t want.

Here you go! (From MyRecipes.com):

    Slushy Watermelon Mojitos
    serves 8 (serving size 3/4 cup)


    6 cups cubed seeded watermelon
    1 cup sparkling water, chilled
    3/4 cup white rum
    1/4 cup chopped fresh mint
    1 (6-ounce) can frozen limeade concentrate, undiluted
    Mint sprigs (optional)
    Lime slices (optional)


Arrange watermelon in a single layer on a baking sheet. Freeze 2 hours or until completely frozen.
Combine frozen watermelon, sparkling water, rum, mint, and limeade in a blender and process until  smooth. Garnish with mint sprigs and lime slices if desired. Serve immediately.

You may want to add extra water if you like the consistency to be thinner.

Please overlook that I used a wine glass. We’ll just pretend it’s a mojito glass.

I can see why this was a hit and I no longer feel left out. A little thing yet so delicious! Thanks L, for the recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment